Integrate Rexx HR with central Data Warehouse
- A Cloudomation on-premise instance was set up within proALPHA’s data center.
- Data is requested from several JSON APIs from the Rexx HR software.
- Different data categories are accessed via different API endpoints.
- Due to limitations of REXX HR APIs, only a specific amount of data can be accessed via one API. Therefore, data sets are split up and accessed in parts from different APIs.
- E-mail notifications are sent in case of persistent failure to access any API.
- For each of the data categories, all the individual data parts are validated:
- Check if the same number of records exists for each part.
- Check if data is complete.
- E-mail notifications are sent if data checks fail.
- Data is prepared for further processing:
- String fields containins amounts and currency information as string are split up into numeric fields for amount, and a separate currency column.
- Data types are set.
- Data sets are merged.
- Column names are changed to fit requirements of the DWH.
- E-mail notifications are sent if data pre-processing fails.
- Data is loaded into DWH.
- Stored procedure for reporting is triggered in the DWH.
- Result of stored procedure is monitored. E-mail notifications are sent if the stored procedure returns an error.
A Cloudomation automation expert and a Cloudomation project manager coordinated with internal and external stakeholders to conduct detailed requirements engineering. In close consultation with proALPHA business stakeholders, Cloudomation project management coordinated with proALPHA internal functions to gather all necessary information and accesses. The automated process was developed in close collaboration with external developers responsible for the DWH and the reporting process.
- Add additional HR data categories to the data processing pipeline.
- Add more detailed monitoring of post-processing in DWH to ensure success of the entire process, including the steps happening outside of Cloudomation.
- Automate data delivery of processed HR data from DWH to project management software, ticketing software and ERP software.
- Cloudomation will support proALPHA in achieving gold-standard data management across departments and data siloes by functioning as central automation, orchestration and monitoring layer for data integration.
Integrate webshop with an inventory management system
- Order information is requrested from SaaS webshop system (Magento) via REST API.
- Product information: ID, amount, discount codes.
- Customer information: name, delivery address, invoice address, phone number, email address.
- New orders are requested every 30 minutes.
- Order information is transferred to the on-premise inventory management system (MS SQL) via the Cloudomation satellite.
- When the on-premise system is shut down or rebooted, the satellite automatically reconnects. Order processing continues at exactly the point of interruption. Double processing of orders or lost orders are impossible.
- Customer information is cross-checked with existing customers and classified: new or existing customer.
- Data wrangling to ensure correct processing:
- All phone numbers are converted to the E.164 standard. Any international phone number can be processed.
- Anomaly detection logic for intelligent mapping of existing customers:
- Same customer name, but different phone number – assume phone number changed.
- Same name, different delivery address – assume moved.
- Same name and both different address and phone number – assume different person with same name.
- New customers are created in the inventory management system.
- Order is created in the inventory management system. Invoice and delivery slip are created.
- Packaging and shippping are the only manual steps left in the process.
A Cloudomation automation expert conducted an in-depth requirements analysis with Aras employees who are responsible for the order process. This was followed by a technical audit in coordination with external IT service providers: the webshop hosting provider, as well as the inventory managemet system development company. The integration was developed by Cloudomation in close coordination with Aras. During a six week trial period Aras was able to fully test the process. Minor adaptations were done to ensure every possible scenario is covered. After go-live of the process, we continue to support Aras in the use of the process and work with them to extend it further.
- Extend the process to automatically print delivery slip and invoice on the warehouse printer so that the warehouse has a physical “to-do” package of delivery slips.
- Add automatical send-out of dispatch notice and invoice to customers after package has been handed over to logistics partner.
- Automatic forwarding of invoice information to accountant’s software.
- Automatic send-out of vouchers and other loyalty program items to customers two weeks after their last purchase.
- Spin up AWS machine of specific type.
- Configure security groups.
- Configure network.
- Configure hard disk.
- Set up operating system.
- Install, update, and configure libraries.
- Download, set up and configure software product.
- Create account for customer on software product.
- Send notification email with login credentials to System Administrator, who does a final check and then forwards the credentials to the customer.
One System Administrator from Semantic Web Company and one Automation Specialist from Cloudomation sat together one afternoon. The System Administrator didn’t know Python. With support from our expert, he was able to develop the automation script himself. He now owns the process and can extend and adapt it on his own.
- Extend the automated process for additional deployment options, e.g. on different environments and with different components.
- Add steps before and after the process, e.g. a quick test after deployment finished, and direct send out of credentials to the customer.
- Automate roll-out of updates and other maintenance processes.
Swiss Software Company
Automated payslip delivery to HR tool
- Payslips are uploaded in bulk to Cloudomation.
- Parse payslip pdf files to extract employee number.
- Access HR database to extract mapping of employee numbers between payslip tool and HR tool, which use different employee numbering systems.
- Check: Correct employee number in payslip pdf?
- Check: Each payslip can be assigned to an employee? (No excess payslips.)
- Create report containing all successful uploads and any issues that were encountered. If there are issues, all valid pdfs are still uploaded.
- Upload individual payslips to correct employee account in HR tool. Employees can now see and download their payslips in the HR tool.
One Business Applications Manager from the customer and one Automation Specialist from Cloudomation met for two afternoons. With support from our expert, the Business Applications Manager developed the automation script himself. He now owns the process and can extend and adapt it on his own.
- Streamlining automated process: parallel processing of pdfs, parallel creation of employee number mapping.
- Direct automated download of payslip pdfs from source.
- Dynamic update of employee number mapping for new or resigning employees.
Viennese SaaS Company
Application Release Automation
- Integration with git source control system: git commit triggers build.
- Source code extracted from git.
- Components are built and deployed in fixed order. This was much easier to do in Cloudomation than before.
- Build completes in 2-3 minutes. Before it took 15 minutes.
One Automation Expert from Cloudomation developed the build automation flow script based on the previously used build script. In cooperation with the build master, our expert was able to improve elegance and performance of the build process significantly.
- Further improve performance by only building components with committed changes, instead of always running a full build.
- Extend build automation into full CI/CD pipeline.
Let us tell your story!
You want to improve your processes with automation? Contact us for a 30 minute free consultation.