- Spin up AWS machine of specific type.
- Configure security groups.
- Configure network.
- Configure hard disk.
- Set up operating system.
- Install, update, and configure libraries.
- Download, set up and configure software product.
- Create account for customer on software product.
- Send notification email with login credentials to System Administrator, who does a final check and then forwards the credentials to the customer.
One System Administrator from Semantic Web Company and one Automation Specialist from Cloudomation sat together one afternoon. The System Administrator didn’t know Python. With support from our expert, he was able to develop the automation script himself. He now owns the process and can extend and adapt it on his own.
- Extend the automated process for additional deployment options, e.g. on different environments and with different components.
- Add steps before and after the process, e.g. a quick test after deployment finished, and direct send out of credentials to the customer.
- Automate roll-out of updates and other maintenance processes.
Swiss Software Company
- Payslips are uploaded in bulk to Cloudomation.
- Parse payslip pdf files to extract employee number.
- Access HR database to extract mapping of employee numbers between payslip tool and HR tool, which use different employee numbering systems.
- Check: Correct employee number in payslip pdf?
- Check: Each payslip can be assigned to an employee? (No excess payslips.)
- Create report containing all successful uploads and any issues that were encountered. If there are issues, all valid pdfs are still uploaded.
- Upload individual payslips to correct employee account in HR tool. Employees can now see and download their payslips in the HR tool.
One Business Applications Manager from the customer and one Automation Specialist from Cloudomation met for two afternoons. With support from our expert, the Business Applications Manager developed the automation script himself. He now owns the process and can extend and adapt it on his own.
- Streamlining automated process: parallel processing of pdfs, parallel creation of employee number mapping.
- Direct automated download of payslip pdfs from source.
- Dynamic update of employee number mapping for new or resigning employees.
Viennese SaaS Company
- Integration with git source control system: git commit triggers build.
- Source code extracted from git.
- Components are built and deployed in fixed order. This was much easier to do in Cloudomation than before.
- Build completes in 2-3 minutes. Before it took 15 minutes.
One Automation Expert from Cloudomation developed the build automation flow script based on the previously used build script. In cooperation with the build master, our expert was able to improve elegance and performance of the build process significantly.
- Further improve performance by only building components with committed changes, instead of always running a full build.
- Extend build automation into full CI/CD pipeline.
Let us tell your story!
You want to improve your processes with automation? Contact us for a 30 minute free consultation.