Cloudomation is an automation-as-code platform. Automation is done via Python scripts that define the automation logic. We call these scripts flow scripts. Flow scripts contain a Python handler function.
To quickly get started:
- Switch to the Flows list.
- Click on “New” to create a new flow script.
- The flow object will be opened automatically and will already contain a handler function:
def handler(system, this): # TODO: write your automation return this.success('all done')
- Replace the comment #TODO: write your automation with a statement to print a hello world log message:
def handler(system, this): this.log('Hello World!') return this.success('all done')
- Click on “Save”.
- Click on “Run”.
- You will be redirected to the Executions View. There, you can see all current and past executions of flow scripts. It will also show the status of your newly created execution and will update with any change.
- Open the execution record by clicking on the name of your flow script in the executions list.
- In the “Outputs” field you’ll see the log message
logging: - '2018-12-29 21:20:01': - Hello World!