Cloudomation Remote Development Environments vs. Local Development Environments
Why switch from Local Development Environments to a Remote Development Environments (RDEs)?
Find out now.
Share the same development environment across the enterprise and deploy it instantly when needed. Compatibility issues or configuration mismatches are a thing of the past.
Less time spent on troubleshooting, as maintenance of the development environment is performed centrally. Developers do not need expensive laptops, as computationally intensive activities are performed remotely.
Avoid Security Issues
No source code ends up on the laptop. Effectively protect the company’s intellectual property.
Setting up the local development environment takes time.
Continuous maintenance lead to productivity losses.
Developers waste a lot of time setting up the local development environment and regularly struggle with compatibility issues. Regular troubleshooting is one of the main problems. And not only that: developer tools eat up resources – expensive laptops have to be purchased. The source code is also stored insecurely on the developers’ computers.
With Cloudomation RDEs
- productivity is increased because the development environment is available instantly.
- the development environments are standardized.
- computationally intensive tasks can be taken over by the RDE.
- broad automation and integration functionality is available.
- your source code is secure, because it isn’t stored locally (air-gapped).
- Also available as an on-premise solution.
- Any number of self-service tools can be added.
- No editor / IDE constraints: developers can continue to work with their personal favorite tools.
- Broad automation options for integration with other tools.
Cloudomation RDEs vs. Local Development Environments
|Task||Cloudomation RDE||Local Development Environment|
Automation of the setup.
Manual configuration for each project
Bug fix /
Maintenance of the
Complex. Individual problem solving
Securing the source
Secure setup possible (air-gapped).
Risk high because source code
Broad and sustainable
Use of proprietary scripts, which
Work with individually
Selection of equipment
It can be developed on any
Purchase of expensive equipment necessary,
Runs on the remote server.
Locally. This can lead to waiting times if you
Working without an